Thursday, July 12, 2007

Building a Bridge in Class




Yesterday, in writing class, I think we had an excellent activity that was great. First of all, we had to think what we could do with a list of materials that were on the board. The list contained ten drinking straws, one string, a newspaper and tape. Then Ana started writing the ideas of each person for example, we could do a boat, a chair, a desk, a puppet, a bridge and other ideas that I seriously do not remember sorry. Then Ana told us our groups and we had to built a bridge with that material. My group that was Vicky, Jim, Kallin, Shelly and Serenity. First, each drew how was our design going to be so the bridge could stand by itself. As a result, Jim suggested to put two drinking straws like an x so it can be sustained by itself. We started working on that idea of building the bridge. Then we put some tape and string around the drinkings straws . Finally, we put the newspaper on top and it was ready to be tested. The bridge was not really small nor fancy, but it survived three erasers when it was tested by Ana. In brief, I had a great experience building the bridge or at least trying to help.

5 comments:

ling said...

good job^_^

CALJAN said...

Hi

Oh, building a bridge is not easy, isn't it?

gordon said...

Engineer Stephanie?.?
A cool bridge builder.

Anonymous said...

I love building things

Takhmina said...

lol do you remember our poor bridge?lol jejeje